XWP brings the worlds’ most advanced technology to the WordPress ecosystem. Through excellence in WordPress engineering, product design, and ecosystem strategy, we help web technology companies bring their value to the WordPress community.
We believe that WordPress, representing over 30% of all websites, is a smart investment for tech companies with services to offer digital publishers and online merchants. As trusted leaders in advancing the future of the open web, we believe that our work to advance WordPress at scale is part of the reason the open web remains a compelling option for the companies we work with. We are the leading agency contributors to the WordPress core project, thanks to our work with companies like Google, Automattic, and News Corp, as well as leadership of recent WordPress releases.
Your invitation awaits if you…
- Care deeply about the quality of your work and the experience you build for your teammates and clients
- Are often looked up to by other engineers, but wish to have teammates that you can learn more from technically to help you grow
- Enjoy the challenge of solving problems within time and requirements constraints that come with client engagements
- Find great satisfaction in writing smart code that embodies WordPress coding standards and best practices
- Want to be surrounded by people who champion your work, support you in solving project challenges, recognize your successes and celebrate them with you
- Actively push yourself to learn new technologies so that you grow as an engineer and serve better
- Get excited about contributing to open source and give back to the WordPress community
As a WordPress Engineer you will...
- Contribute to a team culture that empowers each team member, and the team as a whole, to be our best, collaborate effectively, share knowledge and grow
- Actively seek a full understanding of the business and technical requirements for your areas of contribution
- Plan the best architectural approach to achieving desired outcomes, seek and implement feedback of the team on your plan
- Support your team members with feedback, ideas, and through peer code review
Success in the role looks like ...
- Clients who are delighted with the solutions and services you deliver
- Teammates who appreciate your timely communication and quality work
- Your growth as an engineer and in your pursuit of excellence in service and craftsmanship
You will enjoy...
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- Rewards of a highly collaborative culture
- Joys of remote work: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play a part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the WordPress community
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you don't believe you are who we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.