XWP brings the worlds’ most advanced technology to the WordPress ecosystem. Through excellence in WordPress engineering, product design, and ecosystem strategy, we help web technology companies bring their value to the WordPress community.
We believe that WordPress, representing over 30% of all websites, is a smart investment for tech companies with services to offer digital publishers and online merchants. As trusted leaders in advancing the future of the open web, we believe that our work to advance WordPress at scale is part of the reason the open web remains a compelling option for the companies we work with. We are the leading agency contributors to the WordPress core project, thanks to our work with companies like Google, Automattic, and News Corp, as well as leadership of recent WordPress releases.
We're looking for the right people to join our dedicated team delivering enterprise-scale solutions on WordPress. As a front-end engineer, you will leverage your deep experience building interfaces for complex websites and web applications with a passion for delivering results clients value. Work remotely with a diverse team from over 10 countries. Opportunities for part-time and full-time engagements.
This is a results-driven and collaborative team, relying on the abilities of all its members to develop innovative and robust solutions for our clients.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Developing extensible templates and themes for WordPress guided by XWP's engineering best practices.
- Developing and reviewing software requirements and front-end architecture specifications.
- Debugging and troubleshooting code and cross-browser/device compatibility.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to refactor existing codebases to meet XWP’s quality standards.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge on creating semantic and accessible HTML.
- Advanced CSS skills. Interest towards using flexbox / grid and improving the UX through use of animations.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and writing modular styles.
- Experience with front-end build-tools like Gulp.
- Experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of current browsers and devices.
- Experience with Git version control system.
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented.
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in a remote position.
Any of the following would be an asset:
- Experience designing interfaces in tools like Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
- Passion for developing truly fast performing websites.
- Documenting CSS using KSS styleguides.
- Experience with Vagrant.
- Automated responsive design testing.
- Be passionate about the work you do and solving clients' unique business challenges
- Deliver excellence in work quality and pursue mastery of your craft
- Be proactive and responsive in all communication
- Be empathetic, compassionate, and generous with your teammates at XWP and with clients
- Share and receive candid feedback proactively and with grace
Benefits you will enjoy:
- Trust and support from your colleagues
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a difference for our clients, team members and the WordPress community
- Be a part of building a better web
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.