There are no immediate openings in this position, but we're adding new Team Members regularly. Please feel free to submit your application!
We're looking for the right people to join our dedicated team delivering enterprise-scale solutions on WordPress. As a front-end engineer, you will leverage your deep experience building interfaces for complex websites and web applications with a passion for delivering results clients value. Work remotely with a diverse team from over 10 countries. Opportunities on part-time and full-time engagements.
Think you may be a good candidate? Apply today (application below)! If you know someone else who may be a good fit, please pass the word along as well.
This is a results-driven and collaborative team, relying on the abilities of all its members to develop innovative and robust solutions for our clients.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Developing extensible templates and themes for WordPress guided by XWP's engineering best practices.
- Developing and reviewing software requirements and front-end architecture specifications.
- Debugging and troubleshooting code and cross-browser/device compatibility.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to refactor existing codebases to meet XWP’s quality standards.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Deep and up-to-date knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors like SASS and LESS.
- Experience with front-end build-tools like Grunt.
- Experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of current browsers and devices.
- Experience with both Git and SVN version control systems.
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented.
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in a remote position.
Any of the following would be an asset:
- Experience designing interfaces in tools like Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
- Interest in agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Vagrant, especially VVV and VIP Quickstart.
- Be passionate about the work you do and solving clients' unique business challenges
- Deliver excellence in work quality and pursue mastery of your craft
- Be proactive and responsive in all communication
- Be empathetic, compassionate, and generous with your teammates at XWP and with clients
- Share and receive candid feedback proactively and with grace