We're looking for the right people to join our dedicated team delivering enterprise-scale solutions on WordPress. As a front-end engineer, you will leverage your deep experience building interfaces for complex websites and web applications with a passion for delivering results clients value. Work remotely with a diverse team from over 10 countries. Opportunities on part-time and full-time engagements.
Think you may be a good candidate? Apply today (application below)! If you know someone else who may be a good fit, please pass the word along as well.
This is a results-driven and collaborative team, relying on the abilities of all its members to develop innovative and robust solutions for our clients.
Your Specific Responsibilities
- Developing extensible templates and themes for WordPress guided by XWP's engineering best practices.
- Developing and reviewing software requirements and front-end architecture specifications.
- Debugging and troubleshooting code and cross-browser/device compatibility.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to refactor existing codebases to meet XWP’s quality standards.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and insight amongst team members.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Deep and up-to-date knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors like SASS and LESS.
- Experience with front-end build-tools like Grunt.
- Experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of current browsers and devices.
- Experience with both Git and SVN version control systems.
- Highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented.
- Self-starter comfortable working in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively and dependably in a remote position.
Any of the following would be an asset:
- Experience designing interfaces in tools like Adobe Photoshop and Sketch.
- Interest in agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Vagrant, especially VVV and VIP Quickstart.
- Be passionate about the work you do and solving clients' unique business challenges
- Deliver excellence in work quality and pursue mastery of your craft
- Be proactive and responsive in all communication
- Be empathetic, compassionate, and generous with your teammates at XWP and with clients
- Share and receive candid feedback proactively and with grace